This movie visually animates the analysis and suggested vision for Portlaoise until 2040 and beyond, by a team of consultants for Laois County Council, developed in consultation with the people of Portlaoise. It was created for Laois County Council by RealSim.
A Vision for Portlaoise – A Strategy for a Better Town Centre has been prepared by the Commissioned Consultants GVA et al which provides a proposed strategy, interventions, and policies including the following:
- A ‘Shared Vision’ for Portlaoise Town Centre public spaces, parks, landscaping, walkways, traffic, transport, parking etc.
- Key design interventions for urban spaces designated for enhancement,
- Pedestrian priority linkages between the old and new areas of Town Centre and
- A 3D model of Portlaoise Town Centre showing the existing town, the proposed interventions and the exposure and showcasing of the heritage assets.
- Proposed policies and objectives and design manual.